Promotional products certainly attract plenty of buzz when brands create them effectively. They are unparalleled in their ability to appeal to new customers, increase brand awareness, help launch new products or services and in the long run, increase revenue and business growth. The question most often asked by “fence sitters” when it comes to promotional products is, “when should I use promotional products?”
This is a legitimate question for many brands who are working with strict budgets and often times with very specific target audiences. The answer to this question is twofold. First, creating promotional products that are intended to invoke emotion and or action is the key for any brand using promotional products. And second, using promotional products to help any marketing or sales campaign increases the likely hood of the consumers doing business with your brand. L.J. Market Research did a study that found 52% of participants given a promotional item, ultimately did business with that company. The remaining 48% of participants said they would be more likely to do business with that company in the future because of their gesture.
To emphasize these two points of when you should be creating and using these products, here are five strategies that using promotional products will help enhance your brands reach in the market and move the needle for your business.
Establishes A Line Of Communication: If these products are develop with the end user in mind, they will open the door of communication for your brand. It is then that you have the consumers’ attention. Do not waste this opportunity to market more or sell.
Epic Increase Brand Recognition: Customers are more likely to remember your company if they have been exposed to it hundreds, even thousands of times. A promotional item has the ability to show off your brand on a daily, hourly and even minute-to-minute basis. According to PPAI, 39% of all people who have received a promotional product in the last 6 months can remember the name of the company associated with it.
Use Promotional Products on Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool that brands are using more to connect with people. Creating promo products that encourage people to enter contests, “Share” posts or are offered as an incentive for doing business with your brand increases effectiveness of social media campaigns. People love free stuff and if this free stuff is trending or useful, they will “like it” and “share it” on your brands behalf.
Draws Attention that Stands Out: Promotional products create a buzz around your brand when they connect with your audience. It is not a radio ad or a T.V. spot. These are products that people can use, touch, feel and sometimes taste. The right product for the right audience inspires people to pay attention to what you are selling.
Promo Products are the Kings of Being Re-gifted: People share; people share stories, emotions and most importantly, people share stuff. Recipients of promotional items are more than likely going to pass them along to someone else and this is exactly what we should hope for! The more a promotional item is passed along, the greater total audience it sees, the smaller your cost per impression gets and the bigger our smiles become. It’s a known fact (thanks to the Advertising Specialty Institute) that 62% of those who receive a promotional product will give that item away before throwing it out.
I understand that promotional products may not be on the top of your brands marketing priority list but hopefully you have gained a little bit of an understanding how using promotional products to create a connection with consumers is vital. It is cost-effective and highly efficient in helping brands stand out in a crowded marketplace.
We, BrightPoint Creative, Utah’s leading promotional product and branded apparel company, are doing awesome things on our website. Take a peek at thousands of promotional products, branded apparel, corporate and employee recognition award ideas.